All brand-registered Amazon sellers in the United States can now include product videos in their listings. This has the potential to have a huge impact on your brand. 90% of buyers think videos assist them to make purchasing decisions, and conversion rates on video-enhanced landing pages improve by 80%.
In other words, including a product video on your listing is a game-changer that will provide your goods a competitive advantage in a congested marketplace. With over 60,000 registered brands on Amazon, this is a golden opportunity you cannot afford to pass up.
Let’s take a closer look at amazon video requirements and see how they might help your company stand out.
I. Amazon product video types
1. Highlights video
This is sleek, basic, and entirely focused on the product. It might be as basic as a 360-degree view of the product on a white background, or it could be a more elaborate movie including close-ups and pictures of the product in use.
The type that is best for you is determined by your product. Some products, such as clothing or footwear, gain greatly simply from being exhibited from every perspective. Other products require the spectator to understand their features as well as their appearance.
Consider how a customer would engage with the goods in a physical store and strive to reproduce that experience in the video.
2. Customer experience video
This type of video is intended to show the product in use by consumers, which assists future buyers in better understanding the product and seeing what it can achieve.
This style of video is best suited for things that are directly interacted with – where the product is the experience – such as toys and beauty products. The film will assist buyers in comprehending what the product can achieve for them and how they would feel after utilizing it.
3. Explainer video
This style of the video focuses on the product’s benefits and how it can help customers solve difficulties. Whether the words are spoken aloud or presented on screen, a superb script with persuasive text is essential. An explainer film is typically the ideal choice for things that, well, need to be explained!
The benefits of some products, such as the nutritional supplement depicted above, are not obvious based just on their look. A video that demonstrates how the product is used and what it means to the user is a valuable asset.
4. Comparison video
This type of video compares the product to competing products or to the outcome if the user did not have this product in their life. This can be effective when there are several similar items on the market and your version solves critical problems with those other products or has other significant differences that the buyer will want to know about.
With amazon video requirements, you don’t have to mention competitors by name, but you might explain that other items have difficult-to-grip handles or pieces that work loose, and show how your product solves those typical problems.
II. What to consider when preparing a video’s pre-production?
1. Why should use video in my Amazon listings?
One of the most effective strategies to enhance your Amazon listing is to include a product video. Videos allow you to create a relationship with a possible consumer.
Good product videos highlight the qualities and benefits of the product as well as demonstrate how it may be used. Explainer films go further into what a product can do or how it operates than any list of bullet points can. Comparison movies demonstrate what the product is capable of in comparison to the competition.
Video allows buyers to swiftly receive a large amount of information. They educate them on how they should feel about a product, creating an emotional cord. They want the information, therefore if the video is valuable, they are more likely to stay on your listing and keep viewing.
Videos allow you to concentrate on product attributes without distractions, demonstrating to the buyer that they are getting exactly what they desire. It is the most effective technique to demonstrate the product’s value, applications, brand information, and unique selling proposition.
2. What to consider when preparing a video’s pre-production
0Pre-production and planning are essential in any type of video creation, whether it’s for your company’s newest widget or Marvel Studios’ latest movie.
In the case of your product video, it’s critical to think about how you want to promote your brand and product, as well as the product information you want to include.
- How will your brand be positioned, and how will it be presented in production? Is it a high-end item or a mass-market item?
- What are the product’s characteristics and benefits, and how do they help customers?
- How can you display your product in a way that makes buyers want to buy it and understand it?
- What are the most often asked questions by clients, and how can you answer them in the video?
- Is there any variance in the product? Is it necessary to make distinct movies for each of these, or may they all be combined into one?
You’re creating a product video to highlight your company’s offerings as long as it allows amazon video requirements. As a result, you must ensure that your branding remains consistent throughout the process to avoid violating amazon video requirements.
III. Amazon’s requirements for product videos
1. General amazon video requirements
We usually say that an image is worth a thousand words, and when a buyer can view a live item and see how it can be, it’s worth saying. In a video, you may show how individuals use the product in their daily lives, which will make you more trustworthy to buyers. It is more economical to convey your brand message using autoplay video. Amazon has stringent regulations – amazon video requirements about product videos; if you do not respect them, your videos will be rejected.
- 16:9 Aspect proportion
- 1280 x 720, 1920 x 1080, or 3840 x 2160 pixels
- 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 29.98, or 30 frames per second
- A bit rate of 1 Mbps or greater
- Codecs H.264 or H.265
- 6-45 seconds in length (30 secs or less highly recommended)
- MP4 or MOV file of 500 MB or less
To upload and manage films in Seller Central, you must have an active Amazon Seller account. If you cancel your selling powers (whether in accordance with the Amazon Selling policy guidelines – amazon video requirements – or otherwise), you will no longer be able to upload and manage videos, and your previously uploaded videos may be removed.
If Amazon suspends or revokes your video upload rights for violating this Content Policy, you will be unable to upload videos until further notice from Amazon – amazon video requirements. Any attempts to evade suspensions by creating multiple accounts will result in the permanent disablement of such accounts.
Comparisons of competitors
The comparisons made should be as precise as possible. As an example, say Product X has 8 GB of RAM, which is more than Product Y. You are not permitted to use libelous or disparaging language. You cannot assert that Product X is superior to Product Y because Y is a shambles.
You cannot claim seller authorization, refer to your company as a seller or distributor, or post any contact information.
2. Policy on Video Content
This policy applies to all content you submit as a video creator and contains the regulations for videos published to Amazon. Amazon video requirements take community integrity extremely seriously, and any attempt to exploit the rules is strictly banned.
If you don’t follow this policy, amazon video requirements may limit your ability to upload and manage videos, as well as suspend or terminate your account entirely, with no obligation to amazon video requirements to reimburse you for any charges or expenses you may have incurred. Amazon changes the Content Policy over time, so you should check for revisions.
Your videos should not include:
- Nudity, sexually suggestive content, or provocative imagery (such as models in openly sexual or prurient poses) are prohibited, as is depicting pornography or sexual actions.
- Include any web links, URLs, or calls to action that will take the buyer away from the product information page.
- Impersonate a person or brand, or be dishonest, untrue, or misleading.
- Unless your brand has gotten an official endorsement from a celebrity, do not imply illegitimate endorsements or allude to individual celebrities in any way.
- Distract viewers’ attention away from Amazon. You cannot, for example, lead readers to an external website.
Infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of another. Do not, for example, play music or add photos, artwork, or other audiovisual works in your movies unless you have secured permission from all applicable third parties. You should also avoid wearing clothing, jewelry, or accessories with conspicuously visible branding if the brand owner has not given you permission.
- Make personal or confidential information available to readers, or require them to do so.
- Be emotionally exploitative, contentious, upsetting, or likely to distress viewers.
- Contain profane, vulgar, or filthy language, as well as scatological references.
- Be profane, foul, vulgar, defamatory, libelous, abusive, harassing, invading another person’s privacy, or otherwise unlawful.
- Endanger your own or other people’s safety.
- imply, advocate, promote, or convey violence or gruesome images
- Encourage antisocial or bothersome conduct. Do not, for example, encourage indoor skateboarding or smoking on public transportation.
- Interfere with or try to influence page navigation.
- Include any shipping-related information.
- You may only upload videos about Amazon.com products following amazon video requirements that are currently for sale.
3. Restricted products and claims
- All statements, explicit or implicit, must be justified or supported.
- You can express your personal opinion, but it must be interpreted reasonably and accurately.
- Product aspects such as safety features, performance, technical specifications, dimensions, weight, and so on must be adequate.
- Any accolades stated or represented (for example, “Product of the Year 2017”) must be accompanied by a detail page for the contained product.
- You must be the brand owner for all ASINs promoted in your videos.
Products containing alcohol:
- All products manufactured or distributed by alcohol makers or distributors are strictly prohibited.
- Other producers’ or distributors’ alcohol-related products, such as wine bottle openers and glasses, are permissible, but you must meet the following guidelines:
- Do not encourage irresponsible drinking, such as grasping a wine bottle in a faux drunken fashion (even if obviously in jest).
- Encourage them not to drink too much alcohol.
- Abstinence from alcoholic beverages cannot be discounted. You cannot, for example, say, “This is more enjoyable than making lemonade.”
Weight loss, beauty, and health:
- Make no medical statements unless they are necessary.
- Do not offer any medical advice or recommendations.
- Do not expect health goods to be the same as or better than prescribed products.
- Do not claim that your product can help people lose weight if they do not follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly.
- There is no guarantee of weight loss success.
- Do not refer to a weight loss rate of more than two pounds per week, as this could be dangerous.
- Other inappropriate product categories that should not be shown in videos include:
- Restricted Product Policy Prohibited Product Categories
- Product categories that are prohibited under Amazon’s Creative Acceptance Policy‘s “Unacceptable Products & Services” section.
4. Other terms and conditions
Your uploaded films are subject to Amazon’s Community Guidelines in addition to this Content Policy.
By engaging in the community, you agree to adhere to applicable laws, rules, regulations, and guidance, and you release amazon video requirements and its affiliates from any claim or liability originating from your content. If you are authorized to create a video for an Amazon seller, you must explicitly disclose this relationship, and the conditions of the applicable seller agreement will apply to your participation in the community.
Amazon will defend the customer experience, reflecting the spirit, not just the language, of this Content Policy. Amazon video requirements reserve the right to suspend or cancel your account, as well as stop or remove any content that we believe is negatively harming the viewer experience, regardless of whether the activity is clearly banned by our Content Policy – amazon video requirements. This Content Policy does not exhaustively identify every form of content that Amazon may limit or block, nor every basis for restricting or blocking content.
Just make sure you’re obeying the rules – amazon video requirements – and receiving help with any areas you’re unfamiliar with. Contact Seller Support – Amazon Seller Central if you need help with listing optimization, integrated account administration, and merchandising support, or product photos or videos.
- How To Get More Reviews On Shopify Stores To Boost Sales In 2021
- 10+ Ecommerce Fraud Detection and How to Fight Them 2021
- Top Social Media Content Proven to Leverage Ecommerce Business 2021
- Top 7 Important Requirement For Landing Page A/B Tests With Amazing Results
- Ultimate Guides and Tips To Sell Etsy Digital Downloads 2021