It is a proven fact that Amazon dominates the global eCommerce industry with such a huge customer base. If you’re searching for innovative and powerful tips for marketing on Amazon, our recommendations for an Amazon marketing strategy is to optimize product listings, launch an ad campaign, and more.
To know more about tips for marketing on Amazon, keep reading to discover the best marketing strategies for selling more on Amazon.
1. The advantages of selling on Amazon
- More Sales: Amazon is the number 1 place to go for most shoppers, millions of active customers visit Amazon to shop for products each month. In 2019, the Amazon website gained over $280.5 billion in revenue and 150 Prime members worldwide. Every retailer automatically gains credibility and trust because some users are more likely to buy a product from Amazon rather than from a shop they never heard of. With such a huge customer base who has had a good experience purchasing on Amazon before, your shop automatically benefits from that.
No matter online shopping gained full traction or not in your country, Amazon became the most popular eCommerce platform that is trusted by global shoppers over almost any other online store and turned into a household name. For instance, more than 100 million Alexa devices have been sold worldwide, that’s awesome!
- Gain New Customers: Shoppers who head to Amazon usually focus on finding products rather than a specific store, that can work to your advantage. The benefit is that shoppers can come across your products in the search result they are interested in your products, they might discover your shop. Once they make that first purchase with you, the future lies in your hands. Based on how good their experience was, there’s a higher chance you’re going to see them again. Charm them with amazing service and you’ve got a repeat customer.
- International expansion: Since Amazon is the most trusted global selling and buying platform, that launches sites for 13 countries and does ships to over 100 countries worldwide, it’s easy to start selling globally. Using Amazon to expand globally is drastically easier, they’ve got you covered for every aspect including international order fulfillment and localized customer support. That means you don’t have the hassle of figuring out local payment systems, logistics, and operations.
- Low Marketing costs: Amazon already attracts millions of customers to their website daily, so you can start selling from day one without any significant marketing efforts whatsoever. However, it’s also depending on your niche and how crowded the market is.
Since Amazon acts as its own search engine, shoppers seeking out the products that you offer can easily find you as long as you have the right strategy to stand out from the crowd. Having a curated presence will help your efforts of piggybacking on Amazon’s huge client database, you can consider the idea of advertising on Amazon as it can raise your visibility on the search results page.
There are 3 types of Amazon ads to choose from:
- No stock: The main benefit of more than 175 Amazon fulfillment centers around the globe is that Amazon will store your inventory, and ship it to your customers while you can focus on managing other important business operations.
2. Marketing On Amazon With 5 Best Strategies
2.1 Marketing On Amazon – SEO
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the best-known methods of online marketing that helps you to appear as high as possible in the search results for specific queries. Today, Amazon is one of the most popular product search engines on the Internet, making sure your own products rank high on Amazon is all the more critical.
Researching and selecting the best keywords for a product is at the core of Amazon SEO marketing since relevant keywords can lead to a larger variety of search queries that can display the product in the search results. To appear at the top of the search engine, the right placement of the keywords in the product is an important factor. The most important keywords are the ones in the title, followed by search terms, the latter is followed by keywords in the product attributes (bullet points) and the description.
Actually, repeated keywords bring no advantage and are therefore not necessary, instead, you should take more time to find the best keywords for your product listing. If you have no ability to do it yourself, there are free Amazon keyword tools with actual search volume for keywords on Amazon.
2. Product Text
When it comes to marketing on Amazon, it’s vital to create optimized descriptions and product texts. Follow these Amazon marketing strategic principles below:
- Provide fully necessary information that customers might want to know
- Highlight the benefits of your product right in the description that points out how exactly do they benefit from the product’s features?
- Present and structure information scientifically so that customers can view it quickly and easily.
Additional content marketing options are available for sellers with Amazon Brand Registry that can be used for high-quality product descriptions, improving options to show off products and brands, and utilizing cross-selling. While optimizing product content, it’s important to keep in mind that the most important information should always be listed first.
3. Product Images
The first thing a customer sees of a product is its images, that’s why attractive, conversion-optimized product images play a strategic role in Amazon marketing. Professional, eye-catching, and high-quality product pictures make a good impression that helps your brand increase the click rate and conversion rate.
- Show your product from different angles
- Show product image being used by a real person or customers
- Product images should be at least 1,000px x 1,000px to ensure images don’t become fuzzy when zooming.
4. Product Reviews
Amazon reviews play a crucial role in marketing on Amazon. They have the ability to create social proof that directly affects customers’ purchase decisions. So, it is vital to respond and deal quickly with negative reviews while careful review management might convert negative ratings into positive ones.
5. Questions & Answers
Customers often ask for product details information that they can’t find on the product page. Sellers should address unanswered questions regularly to ensure that customers receive correct answers as soon as possible while replying lately can affect the customer’s purchasing decision. Doing so will also improve the information content of the product page that can help others with the same questions.
6. Delivery Method
The use of the FBA (Fulfilment By Amazon) shipping service also shows a positive impact on the ranking with more sales and a better conversion rate since most Amazon users are Amazon Prime members, they won’t have to pay shipping fees if they buy FBA products.
2.2 Marketing On Amazon- Social Media Strategies
Social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter present an incredible opportunity for marketing on Amazon. Amazon sellers can reach their customers and create highly targeted ads since the social media sites have been collecting all of their personal data for years.
For example, Facebook lets you send out your ad to the right ideal customers at the right time with no trouble at all. This ad also enables you to create a PPC advertising campaign and link it directly to your Amazon product page. This powerful ability is along with the fact that people spend more time browsing social media sites like Facebook, Instagram… more than other pages on the internet making Amazon’s social media strategy one of the most effective ways to grow sales and generate leads.
Of course, Facebook is not the only platform that offers such a service, you may want to consider others such as Twitter, Instagram, and others as well.
Additionally, these social media sites also present the opportunity for taking advantage of influencer marketing. Influencers are those who have a lot of impressionable followers, your brand will pay them to sponsor your product in one of their posts.
2.3 Marketing On Amazon – Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is an effective marketing strategy. In return for your product being shared, sold, etc, you have to pay a small fee to the affiliate site if readers click and make a purchase. This strategy helps you drive sales and build brand awareness, especially if the affiliate site generates a substantial amount of web traffic.
Four parties involved in affiliate marketing include:
- Affiliates: The promoters of the product or service by creating content like blog posts, videos, or other media.
- Product creators: The creators of the product
- Networks: The networks managing the affiliates
- Consumers: The end-users of the product
2.4 Marketing On Amazon – Advertising
Great SEO can lead to surprisingly organic sales on Amazon, however, sometimes you will need a little kickstart in the form of paid advertising. As an Amazon seller, you should know that Amazon offers a wide variety of advertising avenues when it comes to developing an effective Amazon marketing strategy.
1. Amazon sponsored product ads
Sponsored product ads are keyword targeted and designed to drive customers to a specific product page. Let’s take an example to see how it works.
For instance, if you are selling pet products on Amazon, and choose the keyword “dog clothes” as one of the keywords in your sponsored product ad. Then your ad will go live on the platform after selecting a bid (an amount that you are willing to pay per click on your ad).
Once the ad is launching, if your customer searches the term “dog clothes” on Amazon, they will see your product at the top of the search results page, in case they click on it, you will be charged for the bid per click.
2. Amazon display ads
The second type of advertising avenue is Amazon display ads that will be displayed when customers search for similar products rather than a specific keyword and charged to the seller on a per-click basis.
For example, if you are selling dog clothes and someone searches for dog products on Amazon, your product will be shown on the search results page as well.
3. Amazon-sponsored brand ad
Unlike the two types of ads above marketing a single product, this ad type promotes your entire brand including your logo and multiple products displayed on relevant search results pages. And it is also charged on a per-click basis.
2.5 Marketing On Amazon – Discount Deals
Several discount promotions are available for sellers conducting online marketing with Amazon. Some of them are free, others are liable to a charge.
1. Sale Price
A time-limited, reduced price offer is one of the most common discount deals on Amazon. On the product page, the regular price is a strikethrough price, followed by the sale price and the savings. This action acts as an urge to limit customers’ thinking time so customers have to quickly make purchases before the deal is over.
- Percentage-off: Reducing the price by percentages may be granted on a single product, multiple products, or on a particular combination of articles, made visible directly on the product page.
- Free Shipping: This promotion allows customers to pay no shipping fees, you take over that instead.
- Buy one, get one free: For every purchased product, buyers will receive a free product.
- Giveaway: You can set conditions and individual prizes for each sweepstake promotion to attract customer interest and increase sales.
- Social Media Promo Codes: Promotions with a percentage-off discount on Amazon’s marketing page, which you can share through social media or other channels.
The promotional discounts increase the conversion rate and sales, which in turn has a positive effect on the ranking, while it can be used to target specific customers or be published directly to all users on the Amazon product page.
With a coupon, you can provide customers with a discount on 1 or more products that depend on your choice. There are main differences to other discounts:
- Visible on both the main Amazon page and Amazon’s special marketing pages
- With a special coupons label, your products will be increased visibility in the search result and on the product page
- Subject to a fee
3. Final Thought
When it comes to marketing on Amazon, it may take some time to implement all of these Amazon selling tips. Let’s start by focusing on your best-selling products and using analytics and A/B tests. This helps you understand what resonates with your audience and make changes if necessary to create more effective strategies.